Saturday, February 21, 2015

Today is Kurt Cobain's 48th birthday

20 February 2015: If all was right with the world, today would be Kurt Cobain's 48th birthday. 

Devastatingly, he didn't even each the age of 30. When the lead singer of Nirvana, one of the most innovative and influential bands of the 20th century, committed suicide in 1994 aged just 27, the world was shaken.

But few were more affected than his friend and bandmate Dave Grohl. Time and time again since 1994, Grohl has spoken with beautiful poignancy of the life and death of his friend, and the effect his suicide had, and continues to have, on his own life.

 To mark the anniversary of the birth of one of music's true greats, revisit the most brilliant, moving things Dave Grohl has said about Kurt Cobain.

"It was probably the worst thing that has happened to me in my life. I remember the day after I woke up and I was heartbroken that he was gone. I just felt like, 'Okay, so I get to wake up today and have another day, and he doesn't.'" [Radio 1, 2009]

Today is Kurt Cobain's 48th birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment